23.2.07

The New Wave

It's that time again. All the "cool kids" are porting their blog to Mephisto. Naturally, when I heard about this from a fellow Twitterer, I jumped on it, learned about Mephisto, and got really excited. (As I write this, I'm running a test Rails server with Mephisto.) Interestingly enough, I'd just started to pick up Rails the week earlier.

The point of this is that I'll finally be doing what I've been planning to do for a few years: get a personal domain. Expect the big move to happen by next month.

Some things I like about Mephisto:

  • Nice built-in markup languages

  • Very small (hooray Rails!)

  • It isn't Blogger!

  • Easy template customization

  • Gorgeous admin interface

  • "publish with impunity"

Also, of course, since this is a Rails app, it could be another learning opportunity for me as I poke around the source.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's the domain gonna be? Just curious which of your many aliases you will pick.